Please follow the instructions step by step.
Step 1 Install the required software
- Install ASCOM platform 6.
- Install the driver for your telescope control system.
- Install FocusMax 3.4.40 the version can be found here.
- Install Pinpoint and activate the licence.
- Install Maxim DL 6.00 PRO and activate the licence.
Step 2 Configure POTH HUB
- Set the site information.
- Set the Optics information.
- Set the equatorial system to “Local”.
- Set does refraction to “No”.
- Choose the scope. Be sure that you installed the Driver
- Check that you can connect your telescope
Step 3 Configure Maxim DL part 1
- Under Menu “File”->Configurations, create a Maxim DL configuration Astromatik
- Under “File”->Settings, select the Tab “Site and Optics”, put exactly the same value as in the POTH
- Set POTH as default for telescope and Focuser.Telescope
- in Maxim DL press “crtl+T” then set as in the view below
- Configure the camera, and optionaly the guider camera and the filter Wheel
—!!!Save your Maxim DL configuration!!!—
- Test your Maxim DL setup
- connect the POTH telescope and The POTH Focuser to Maxim DL.
- Check if the POTH telescope works, then synchronise to a know position.
- Check if the Goto works.
- Connect the camera.
- Check if the main camera can do an exposure.
- Check if the filter wheel works.
- Check if the guider can do an exposure.
Step 4 Configure FocusMax
- Set POTH as default for telescope and focuser.
- Do V curve for your setup.
- Check if the obtain V curve is reliable.
- Check if your FocusMax Setup is reliable.
Step 5 Configure Maxim DL part 2
- Check if Pinpoint in Maxim DL can solve a plate made with your setup.
- Check that the computed focal length is the same as you give in the POTH telescope.
- Check if guiding is reliable.
- Create bad pixel map “guider1x1” for the guider with binning 1×1
- Create bad pixel map “guider2x2” for the guider with binning 2×2
- Create bad pixel map “mainCCD1x1” for the main camera with binning 1×1
- Create bad pixel map “mainCCD2x2” for the main camera with binning 2×2